Thursday, February 17, 2011

Senator Scott Brown says sexually abused as child full story


Republican Senator Scott Brown will reveal he was physically and sexually abused as a child during an upcoming interview with "60 Minutes," CBS said on Wednesday.

The 51-year-old Massachusetts senator says he was sexually abused several times by a camp counselor and also physically abused by stepfathers, according to a statement from the news show.

"He said 'If you tell anybody ... I'll kill you. I will make sure that nobody believes you,'" Brown says of the encounters with the counselor.

Some details from the interview, to be aired on the "60 Minutes" February 20 broadcast, will surprise Brown's own mother, he told CBS.

Revelations to be shared on the show are also detailed in Brown's upcoming book, "Against All Odds."

Brown said in a statement he hopes people are inspired by his message.

"My book is about overcoming obstacles. The physical and sexual abuse is in my book. It's a part of my life, but it certainly isn't the only part of my life story which I tell." he said.

Brown catapulted onto the national political scene in 2010 by winning the Senate seat held for decades by Democratic icon Ted Kennedy, who died in 2009.

Brown tells "60 Minutes" that writing was cathartic for him and that he also toured a house where he once lived with an abusive stepfather "to make sure I wasn't...dreaming."

"As I left, I said,'Man, I wish I had the money. I'd just buy this thing and burn it down,'" Brown says during the interview. sorce yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment