Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lisa Mason Leaving QVC


Veteran QVC Host Lisa Mason, At The Network 15 Years, Is Leaving Next Week.
 QVC host Lisa Mason is leaving the home shopping network next week. Mason, who we never knew was an Emmy winner, joined QVC in 1995.
We first heard of her exit on a home shopping forum, and then read Mason’s Facebook page, which is sending her fans to her website, lisamason.org.



She posted this blog on it Thursday:

Please join me on December the 14th at 5 p.m. as I say goodbye to my QVC life. I love you like crazy and will see you very, very soon!! I will have other things I would like to share with you on the 15th of December on this website. God Bless You and Happy, Happy Holidays!!! P.S. Gino sends his love.

Gino, by the way, is Mason’s husband, a big Samoan former personal trainer that she often mentioned on the air. They live in Manhattan and Mason would commute to West Chester, Pa., which is a haul — and a tough way to live, if you ask us.

We always liked Mason because even though she was a Southern bell, she would sometimes make double entendres and had a bit of an edge to her. You could tell that she was a lot hipper than her QVC persona.

She sent a message after we e-mailed her last night. “Hi darlin. I am done on Dec 14! I am leaving because it’s just time! I
have written a little book. It is out in about two months, so that is my project for now.”

First Rick Domeier is an author, and now Mason?

Mason’s homepage has this message:

I’m Lisa Mason. You might recognize me as a host on QVC, the world’s most successful shopping network. But I am also an Emmy award-winning news anchor and producer. I do professional voice-over work and like to write and sing, as well. On this site, you will find samples of my work. Please feel free to take a look.

While I would never call myself a motivational speaker, I do sincerely love public speaking. So if your group needs a chuckle or a bit of up-lifting, I’m your gal. In fact, my last speaking engagement included a portion of a story I wrote. More on that in new projects.

She is apparently looking for a new gig, since one of the tabs on her site is “Hire Me.” Join the club!

Mason said that she enjoyed her QVC tenure, writing:

What a ride! 15-plus years of presenting products and spending time with friends. I have come to love my co-workers as if they were family members. I also have had the chance to travel. Italy, Ireland (twice!) Canada and numerous places around the U.S. I worked with celebrities and cherish their friendships. But the best part of the job…the very best…was interacting with the viewers. The precious people who took the time to spend time with me each day. I will never forget it! I will never forget you!”

Little did we know that Mason had a background in TV news, calling it her “passion,” as her website explains.

Emmy award-winning host and writer Lisa Mason began her news career in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in 1987. After receiving her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Central Oklahoma, Lisa joined the Fox affiliate as weekend news anchor where she remained for two years.

In 1989, Lisa joined PBS as anchor, producer and writer. While there, she anchored the evening newscast and hosted a weekly talk show. During her five year tenure, Lisa wrote and produced several award-winning documentaries. Among them was Faces of Aids for which she received an Emmy Award. The Society of Professional Journalism also honored her for her documentary When Children Kill . In addition, Lisa wrote, hosted and produced The Western Heritage Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment